Saturday, March 5, 2011

About me

This is my first blog post ever!

My name is Leslie and I live in Westerville Ohio with my husband Justin and our cat Charlie. I currently work at the OSU James Cancer Hospital and Comprehensive Cancer Center as a program coordinator. My job can be stressful and challenging, but I love it.

I love papercrafting, mostly making cards lately. I started scrapbooking when I was 15 (maybe younger). Over the past 10 years I have learned so much. I hope to share my knowledge and enthusiasm in this blog. Scrapbooking has exploded since I started and there are so many great products available. I will tell you about my favorites in a later post!

I also love to cook and bake. But I hate doing dishes....

I owe all of my craftiness to my mother. I was lucky enough to have a stay at home mother growing up. She taught me to cook, sew and craft. I don’t remembering me doing so, but she says I use to make my own cabbage patch and Barbie doll clothes. I do remember making our own homemade play dough. Thanks to my mom for all she has taught me. I wouldn't be the same today without her.

I was in 4-H for 10 years. I took cooking, sewing, cake decorating and creative arts projects. I attended a small school, Bethel School in Tipp City, OH. It is a kindergarten through 12th grade school. I graduated with people whom I went to preschool with! My high school graduating class contained 76. From there I went to a very large university, talk about culture shock! I graduated from The Ohio State University with my bachelors’ degree in Human Development and Family Studies in 2008.

I want to thank everyone who as encouraged me to make and sell my cards, especially Nancy S. My cards are not currently in a store, but I hope to start selling them again soon.

Thanks to Meagan B. too. You inspired the title for my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leslie. Do you like to make cards with friends. I have started a card club in my home and would love to have you participate. I too live in Westerville, Each month we make a few cards following a pattern, we make changes to to pattern to make the cards our own and we learn to embellishment them in our own unique way. If you are interested to hear more about this club contact me at golfgirl5756@msn.com

    Also, please check out my blog Creativestudio81.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete