Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Easter Cards

Hello everyone! Sorry for not posting in a while, but I do have some Easter cards made! This is part one, I have many more ideas for Easter cards. As always, let me know if you are interested in placing an order.

inside
Supplies used:
White cardstock (base 8.5” x 5.5” and extra for printing)
Studio 8 paper company patterned paper – Egg Hunt (4.25” x 5.5”)
Coordinating cardstock ( I used pink but you could also use orange or green)
Brown cardstock
Cricut & SCAL 2 (to cut bunny)
Pink ribbon (1/8” wide)
Green Easter Grass
Adhesive (I use a scotch advance tape gun)

Before I cut the white card stock to size (originally 8.5”x11”) I ran it through my ink jet printer and printed “Hoppy Easter” on the inside of the card. I also printed the quote on smooth white cardstock. To make the chocolate bunny I had to learn how to use InkScape to make and SVG file from a bitmap file. The bitmap file was a clip art I found on the internet. I used InkScape to trace the image and then modified the nodes a bit. Then I opened the SVG file in Sure Cuts A Lot 2 (SCAL2) and cut it out with my cricut. I was very pleased that I could figure out this much. InkScape is an open source program (which means free) and is very cool, or at least that is what everyone says. My knowledge of InkScape is limited to what I just described, but I am looking forward to learning how to use it. SCAL2 is not free, but much cheaper than buying cricut cartridges. If you can somehow cut out a chocolate bunny, assemble the card as shown in the picture.

*************************************************************************

inside
Supplies used:
White cardstock (base 8.5” x 5.5” and extra for scallop strip 1” x 5”)
Making Memories patterned paper – Glitter Diagonal Stripe (5” x 3.75”)
Coordinating green cardstock – DCWV Green #1 (5.25” x 4” and 3” x 2”)
Jolee’s Boutique Dimensional Stickers – Easter Bunnies
American Crafts Ribbon – Valentine’s 2010 Dollar Ribbon Spool
Black StazOn
Happy Easter Stamp – Inkadinkado (inside message)
Adhesive (I use a scotch advance tape gun)
Pop dots
Corner rounder

When I pulled out all of my Easter and spring supplies I came across these adorable bunny stickers. The assembly of this card is pretty strait forward. Since the bunnies are stickers they have to be mounted on a piece of paper before they can be pop doted.

No comments:

Post a Comment