Sunday, March 6, 2011

Jillibean Soup design team call - Cards

I have made several cards for the Jillibean Soup design team call. I just can't narrow it down to 2, which is all they are asking for.

My favorite card is made with papers from the Chilled Strawberry Soup collection:
I cut strips of paper and glued them to a solid piece of pinkish-red paper, leaving a small gap between each one. Then I cut the shape out with a quickutz label die with my cuttlebug. The strawberry was cut from a paper in the collection and mounted with a pop dot on a round scalloped piece in the pinkish-red paper.
********************************************************
I made a similar card with papers from the Spotted Owl Soup collection:
The "3 Dancing Hats" paper already contained a horizontal stripe pattern so I cut it out as is. The owl was cut from the "6 Silly Owls" paper and pop doted onto a green circle.
********************************************************
Another of my favorites is this card made with acetate:

 Acetate is a clear thin plastic. It can be folded and you can stamp on it with Stazon ink. (I did not stamp on the acetate for this card.)  The papers used for this card are from the Old World Cabbage Stew collection. This is my favorite Jillibean Soup collection EVER! So far of course :-). The red piece is mounted on the inside of the card with the kraft piece mounted on the outside. The birdcage is a Jillibean Soup stamp. The bird was punched out using a Martha Stewart punch. On the inside of the card is paper with the words from the Dick and Jane book- so cute! I mounted a piece of kraft in the center for a message.When working with acetate it is important to leave space for writing since you cannot easily write on the plastic. You also have to remember to be careful where you glue so you can hide it between 2 papers.
********************************************************
I wanted to create a card with a different shape. I came up with this circle card. Everyone who has seen it loves it! It is made from papers from the White Bean collection:


This one involves cutting many circles. I used my creative memories cutting system for this card, but the are several products that you could use. The frog and the green ring around him are pop doted. The ribbon features a row of bling (gemstones to be official). The card base is black cardstock, so I lined the inside with white cardstock to make it easier to write your message inside.
 ********************************************************
Another card from my favorite collection-Old World Cabbage Stew:


This card features ribbon mounted with the Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher. The flower is made from a piece of cream cardstock punched out with a 2 inch scallop punch. The green canvas flower and corrugated button are Jillibean Soup embellishments.
********************************************************
Last one! This card is made with the Blossom Soup collection:
St. Patty's day will be here soon! I am actually half Irish, so I don't have to pretend like most people.  This card is pretty simple, but I love the red and green combo and how it is not all green like most St. Patty's day cards. I used a fiskers scallop border punch, a EK success punch for the cream piece that is stamped with Happy St. Patrick's Day. The 4 leaf clover I cut out with my cricut using SCAL2.

Well those are the cards I plan to submit!  Let me know which are your favorites!

1 comment:

  1. Love all of the cards! So creative, good luck with Jillibean Soup Design Call!

    ReplyDelete